The primary function of the Editor is to creatively and collaboratively edit quality promotional content for broadcast as well as digital and emerging platforms. The Editor is responsible for the editing of rough cut creative, utilizing marketing and interstitial materials across all platforms including: linear/broadcast, short form/ digital and social. This position supports Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD, as well as Partnership Marketing’s synergistic partners. The ideal candidate will possess superior aesthetic and storytelling sensibilities as well as industry leading technical knowledge required to carry out the creative vision of our marketing partners and stakeholders. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of creative edit workflows, the ability to comprehend complex creative direction, and the ability to perform at a high level in supervised and unsupervised sessions. Acute communication skills, precise attention to detail and grace under pressure is a must.
- Create the rough cut of promotional content from producers’ script or direction with full deadline responsibility.
- Collaborate with writer producers, marketing creatives, graphics supervisors and directors to ensure consistent creative.
- Provide Scheduling Department accurate information to help maintain optimal, uninterrupted workflows.
- Inform technical team of any issues which may occur.
- Stay abreast of emerging industry standards, adopting best practices and technologies whenever possible.
- Gain full proficiency in proprietary systems.
- Obtain producer needs for assignments and precisely execute deliverables to brand and style specifications and collaborate with clients to ensure they receive the highest level of service and satisfaction.
- Media management, asset organization, and file delivery for review and finishing.
- Minimum 3 years experience in creative editorial, post production industry.
Industry experience and talent demonstrated by demo reel and portfolio.
Excellent, well rounded storytelling skills and the ability to express a story with footage.
- Understanding of graphics components and ability to integrate with footage.
- Knowledge of music libraries and ability to perform targeted searches.
- Experience with sound design in an edit environment.
- Experience in working with mixed media.
- Understanding of color correction techniques in an edit environment.
- Understanding of the pieces and composition of a promotional spot.
- Must be a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment.
Expert level proficiency in Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, and Adobe Premiere.
- Full Knowledge of broadcast and digital standards and video formats.
Proficient in a wide variety of industry standard 3rd party software and plugins.
- Be well versed in current creative trends and concepts.
- A familiarity with industry standard file formats and resolutions as well as emerging technologies.
- A strong work ethic, and relentless commitment to quality and efficiency.
- Broadcast, digital and/or cable television network experience is preferred.
- Exposure to a variety of creative production environments and companies a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop) a plus
- BA or higher degree, but not required
- Job type
- Burbank, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract