VP, Original Series (Disney Channels)
- Oversee live-action development slate. Oversee script development, pilot production, and early episodes of new series.
- Organize and evaluate pitches for potential live-action projects.
- Make presentations and internal network pitches on new properties.
- Generate ideas for new show concepts and characters.
- Develop and manage relationships with creative community, including writer/producers, agents, and managers.
- Track competitive development/programming.
- Manage writer/producers and provide creative feedback on new live-action projects. Guide creators from the pitch stage, through outline, drafts, and production. Formulate and draft notes on scripts and cuts.
- Work closely with research department to track kid trends, interests, values, and tween pop culture.
- Identify and recommend creators, showrunners, staff writers of all levels, and directors. Evaluate samples and submissions. Attend showcases and film festivals to scout for new creative talent.
- Oversight of Disney Storytellers program to discover fresh new voices for the network.
- 5+ years of experience in television development and/or current series production.
- Experienced in team management/development.
- Strong creative reputation, network of contacts and relationships.
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of script structure.
- Ability to manage creative talent.
- Deep knowledge of target audience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Clear-thinking, and straightforward approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Strong ability to build working relationships with other Disney departments and executives.
- Excellent verbal/presentational and writing skills.
- Ability to visit sets and travel to production locations.
- Job type
- Burbank, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract