Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Southeast Asia’s growth, we are now seeking a Senior Category Manager to play an integral role in driving long term sustainable growth of all the categories across Malaysia by developing relevant strategies in securing new partners that fit into our brand profiles and strategies. You will be responsible for building key licensee relationships and partnering with Creative to ensure that licensees are developing and producing on brand and compelling products. Responsibilities
- Maximise all the categories, managing a wide portfolio of partners and products.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the total business and appropriate sub-categories.
- Manage relationships with existing licensees and identify new partners to continually strengthen the licensee base.
- Lead contract negotiation with licensees and distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue across the market.
- Lead team development activities, research projects, category meetings & licensee summits.
- Develop initiatives with other lines of businesses (outside DCP) to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
- Collaboration with Disney market teams providing information and regular updates, understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences.
- Lead the team to provide persuasive proposals to present to country, regional wider divisional teams.
- Work closely with the Country Director on product development strategy outlining necessary range planning, brainstorms and development.
- Degree level educated in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6 - 8 years of industry experience, of which 3 years spent in a team management position. Prior experience in sales/licensing is required.
- Relevant commercial marketing or similar consumer targeted experience.
- Track record in consumer product management.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability in engaging effectively with business partners and diverse stakeholders
- A strategic thinker who has the vision to plan and drive results and success.
- Creative in outlook and problem solving and excited by innovation and new opportunities.
- High adaptable, able to manage change.
- Must be able to collaborate, and engage stakeholders at all levels with a high level of influencing and persuasion skills
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as the independence to use initiative and work autonomously.
- Computer literate including the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Apple Keynote would be useful.
- Job type
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract