Leverage your culinary skills and knowledge, to ensure the smooth operation of an exciting and fast paced kitchen. As a Chef De Cuisine, you will also interact with guests and crew, by playing an integral role within the Disney Cruise Line team. As a member of this prominent brand, you will help to ensure guest satisfaction, by overseeing production, preparation and food safety, on one of our luxury, Disney Cruise Line vessels.
Disney Cruise Line takes pride in caring for its crew and in treating all crew members with respect. By leading and developing your team, you will have a direct impact on the crew members’ experience, thus reinforcing our mission. As one of the most sought-after employers in the cruise line industry, we will expect you to uphold the same standards and values that are synonymous with our name.
- 4+ years of experience working as a leader within a high level hotel or restaurant, overseeing a high volume culinary operation
- Demonstrated career progression within the culinary field
- Ability to take ownership and lead culinary team within assigned area of responsibility
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment with limited contact with friends and family on shore
- Receptive to working 4 months with limited time off
- Certified working Chef or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts
- Previous experience within the cruise industry is desirable
- Knowledge of Materials Management System (MMS) a plus
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
Reports to: Assistant Manager Food Operations
Direct reports: 14-25 crew members made up of Commis Chef through Junior Sous Chef
Level: 2.5 Stripe Officer
Contract length is 4 months on/2 months off. Single room accommodation. Officer privileges while onboard. Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off contract, as long as a return contract is signed, including: Group Medical Coverage; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; Retirement Savings Plan option (90-day wait to participate, 1 year wait for company match)
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Job type
- United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract