At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future! Responsibilities
- The Costume and Cosmetology Technicians are a part of the “Entertainment Technical” team within the Entertainment department.
- The Costume Technician is responsible for the care and maintenance of all Entertainment “show” costumes. Primary responsibilities of the Costume Technician include: hand and machine sewing, laundry, pressing, setting costumes for show, running dressing tracks and quick changes, upkeep of all dressing and costume storage spaces, striking and clearing at the end of the day to meet safety and show quality requirements.
- The Cosmetologist/Costume Technician is responsible for the care and maintenance of all Cosmetology associated with Entertainment “shows”. Primary responsibilities of the Cosmetologist/Costume Technician include: styling, washing, and regular maintenance of all wigs and keeping track of cosmetology supplies and, working with Sr. Costume Tech to make sure supplies are reordered when needed.
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
- Job type
- United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract