Travel the globe, while advancing your career with a world-renowned leader in the Cruise Industry! As Housekeeping Manager, you will experience new heights, as you take charge of the training and development of a housekeeping team.
As one of the ship's leaders, you will leverage your housekeeping knowledge and skills, while building lasting relationships with other department managers and staff. Collectively, you will share a common goal, and that is to exceed guest expectations. Additionally, you will assist in the development of the housekeeping crew, as you guide them on their path to success! Thus, you will play an integral role within the Disney Cruise Line team. ResponsibilitiesYour excellent managerial and communication skills will be essential, as you start your new adventure. Housekeeping Managers work directly with a multinational crew, to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and safety for all guests and crew. As a leader, you will be encouraged to voice your ideas, to enhance and/or improve processes and procedures that could roll out to the entire fleet. Passion and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, where you will lead by example, are essential in this role.
- 2+ years of managerial housekeeping experience on ships or 200+ room hotels
- Management experience working with a multinational staff/crew
- Working knowledge of chemicals and cleaners used in resort and/or cruise ship environment
- Create and administer performance reviews to staff/crew
- Ability to assess training needs and implement accordingly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment
- Computer skills necessary (Word, Excel, Fidelio, Espresso)
- Previous experience within the cruise industry and/or Disney experience a plus
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
Contract length is 4 months on/2 months off. Shared room accommodations. Officer privileges while on board. Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off contract, as long as a return contract is signed, including: Group Medical Coverage; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; Retirement Savings Plan option (90-day wait to participate, 1 year wait for company) match)
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts.
- Job type
- United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract