At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Within Revenue Management and Analytics (R&MA), the Data Analytics consulting team leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities Make an Impact by supporting the development of advanced analytic engines for Disney Studios and Media Networks. The interns help in this process by:
- Collecting, manipulating, validating, and visualizing data in Python, SQL, or Spark
- Performing diagnostics and root-cause analysis for anomalies found in analytics processes
- Executing software tests, tracking bugs, and creating reports that summarize results
- Developing analytical solutions for cross-segment clients
- Maintaining technical system documentation
- Performing industry research and benchmark analysis
- Available to work full-time hours from January 2018 through early June 2018.
- Problem solving, development, and analytical skills
- Experience with Python, R, or Matlab
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Graduate student working towards (or recently graduated within the last 6 months) a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2018 through early June 2018.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Job type
- Burbank, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible