“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it
continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks &
Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed
products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the
steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team
and watch your dreams come true.
The Lead Technical Architect within the Engineering Excellence team creates solutions to streamline
delivery, improve quality and reduce costs of support for our applications. When we do our job
correctly we make it easier to deliver high quality applications to our guest and cast members. You
should be confident in designing and engineering your own solutions to problems knowing there is
more than one way to solve a problem and working through which path will be leveraged on your
We are looking for people who are engineers at heart. Willingness to learn new technologies and
help improve our organization is essential for success on this team because one day you are working
on a logging library, next we are implementing monitoring, and then we end up triaging an issue with
an application in production.Responsibilities
Build frameworks that are consumed by other developer teams.
● Evaluate technology solutions through research and lab work to select tools to solve a
● Establish and maintain development standards and prescriptions
● Engage with our customers to hear their needs, collect feedback, and feed that back into
● We are a service provider, so being receptive to feedback and ways to improve are essential
● Ensure the solutions you develop are valuable and being leveraged by the organization
● Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are of high quality and clearly documented
● Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look
beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities backed with factual
● Be able to work collaboratively with local and remote team members
● Have ownership over your project and provide appropriate status to leadership on progress
and key decision.
● Provide thought leadership, problem solving and analytical skills to solve hard to solve
production issues impeding the availability & performance of applicationsBasic Qualifications
7+ years experience in technology disciplines
● Experience with technology in multiple areas including Build & Deploy, Application Delivery,
Infrastructure, Cloud, Automation, Testing
● Experience/Familiarity with some technologies used by our teams: Angular.js, Node.js, Spring
Framework, Docker, Apache Mesos, Ansible, Chef, OpenStack, Apache CXF, Restify, Express,
AppDynamics, jMeter, Android, iOS, F5, HA Proxy, AWS Services
● Very hands on and deep understanding of the code and coding practices
● You should have a general understanding of how the internet works
● Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems
● Experience with web and mobile
● Experience with emerging technology trends
● Mentors development, operations and program team members on architecture topics (e.g.,
issues, directions, guidelines, principles, etc.)
● Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced
technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business
issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
● Strong presentation skills.
● Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with product management, development
and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the functional and
nonfunctional requirements in adherence to architectural goals and principles.
● Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience.
Able to synthesize conclusions from research, compare various solutions and plot complex
● Broad experience across business, application, information, infrastructure and security
architecture domains. Broad experience across business analysis, product design,
engineering, QA, operations and sustainment in a large corporation / enterprise environment.
● Deep technical experience in consumer and employee facing enterprise systems
● Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design
and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in
SOA, Java/J2EE, XML, Websphere/Weblogic/Apache TomCat Application Server, Rules
Engine, Oracle or DB2 programming methodologies
● Exposure to infrastructure and platform capabilities - container, middleware, messaging,
● Exposure to cloud development and migration an added plus
● Desire and ability to adapt to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new
languages and techniques for software delivery.
● Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
● Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
● Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands
simultaneously.Required Education BA/BS Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Orlando, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible