Pricing, Forecasting & Planning Internship, Spring 2018 - Orlando, FL
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across Walt Disney Parks & Resorts including Ticketing, Resorts, Merchandise and Food & Beverage in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing, promotions and optimization. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
The Pricing, Forecasting, and Planning teams are responsible for financial and operational analysis supporting the strategic revenue objectives of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R). Pricing decisions on Tickets, Resorts, Food & Beverage, and Merchandise optimize demand to grow long-term profitability. Forecasting and Planning provides daily, weekly, and annual Operational and Financial forecasts and plans of attendance/admissions revenue, rooms/rooms revenue, Food & Beverage revenue, Merchandise revenue, and other driver-related revenue for Walt Disney World.
Responsibilities A Day in the Life:
- Building complex financial models/analysis to identify trends, patterns and irregularities in key business metrics in order to drive pricing and other business decisions
- Consolidating inputs from multiple areas and analyzing historical data to better understand Guest behavior, optimize pricing, and influence forecasts, plans and strategic growth initiatives
- Utilizing analytical tools and models to optimize business processes
- Preparing financial and operational metrics for weekly and monthly reporting
- Developing competitive research and conducting industry benchmarks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience collecting and analyzing data and reporting on the results using Excel or a statistical software package
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, independence, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
*Applying for this position puts you in consideration for both Pricing Strategy, Pricing Revenue Management, Forecasting and Planning roles.Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Access or Business Objects
- Previous experience in an analytical field, preferably in Merchandise, Hotels/Resorts, Food & Beverage or Travel & Tourism
- Disney College Program or Professional Internship Alumni
- Database, programming and/or coding experience within SAS, R, SPSS, SQL, VBA or similar software
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and related concepts (e.g. regression, ANOVA)
- Working towards (or recently graduated with) a degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Marketing or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working towards (or recently graduated with) an MBA or Graduate degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Marketing or other related quantitative field
- The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2018 through June 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Celebration, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible