This Managing Editor position works primarily on the eBook business at DPW, and organizes and facilitates communication between the product development teams, including Editorial and Design, as well as the Audio, QA, IT, and Sales teams. Main tasks include developing and tracking various deadlines for eBooks and eBook Originals, and communicating priorities. He/she will attend various meetings as needed, including global content, cover concept and acquisitions. Responsibilities
- Manage and prioritize schedules for both eBooks and eBook Originals. Set and track dates as well as collect and track costs for each project
- Lead multiple, regular production meetings where projects are reviewed and discussed by relevant parties: Audio, Design, IT and Editorial/QA teams. Must take a proactive role in overcoming obstacles to ensure timely delivery of finished files and product
- Maintain the publishing databases and systems with accurate data regarding schedules, title information, and file availability. Run reports as assigned
- Utilize JIRA to manage the day-to-day workflow and keep all internal departments informed of changes.
- Utilize the internal publishing title database, PUBs, to manage ISBN requests and change memos, as well as initiating change memos when eBooks are affected by changes to print books
- Attend production meetings for print groups as needed, to monitor how projects are going and identify potential issues, as well as identify possible candidates for eBook. Maintain open communication with print groups to foresee and solve possible issues to schedules. Ensure OK to Print files are delivered so eBooks get up to date files quickly
- Coordinate back of book ads, as well as maintain schedule of backlist updates for key authors and properties
- Track/move titles through OPA for review, assigning due dates for QA review and indicating priorities
- Assist with metadata updates/clean up projects as needed
- This position requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent process management skills who will interact effectively with all departments. Additionally, this position requires an adept problem solver with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work with internal contacts at higher levels.
- Managing editorial and/or project management experience preferred. College degree preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of publishing functions and processes. Children’s publishing experience/an understanding of children’s content and formats is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced skills a plus), PowerPoint) and familiarity with Macs required. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Reader a plus. Past experience in basic databases preferred (Filemaker Pro, ACT, or ERP).
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Glendale, AZ, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible