The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom , plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com, www.disneystore.co.uk, www.disneystore.fr and www.disneystore.de. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore. ResponsibilitiesThe Key Holder Cast Member supports the Store Leadership Team by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guest, both internal and external, has “The Best Retail Experience in the World”. This is done through consistent exceptional Guest Experience, development of the Cast, maintenance of Store visual standards as well as compliance with established policies and procedures. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
- Serves as Leader on Duty to coach and motivate Cast Members while upholding a culture that builds exceptional internal and external Guest Experiences. This is accomplished through in Store entertainment, Guest Engagement and building an emotional connection to the brand.
- Supports Disney Store Mission, “Creating Magical Moments for Guests of all Ages”, through inspiring communication, integrity and passion for the Brand.
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards while providing Guest with memorable experiences
- Strengthens others through consistent coaching and feedback while driving productivity and morale of the team
- Considers impact of actions on individual, team and the organization.
- Supports and participates in initiatives that give back to the community to promote the Disney brand
- Works in collaboration with Team to leverage synergy opportunities across functions and businesses
- Supports strategy as developed and helps to translate into specific priorities, objectives and action plans
- Understands and drives appropriate metrics to assess business performance – Mystery Shop Score, Sales Equations (sales and KPIs) and Controllable Expenses (shrink and payroll)
- Partners with Store Leadership Team to ensure Store is open and closed in compliance with company policy
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, even under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to give basic direction and feedback to Cast Members
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize Guests and tasks
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action
- Must maintain a professional appearance and adhere to Disney Store grooming guidelines
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 45 lbs. and climbing a ladder
- Must be available a minimum of three (3) days during the week and Saturday and Sunday open availability. Able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, weekends and call-in shifts
- Must be able to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience in specialty retail
- Ability to speak fluently in another language in addition to English
- Comfortable storytelling in front of large groups of people
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Job type
- Cypress, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract