Promotes the highest level of service by executing the requirements of events based on standards. Drives customer satisfaction and capitalizes on revenue during the event phase of a function.. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
• Conducts banquet room function inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and employees.
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Promotes employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Projects supply needs and orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine, and overall event presentation.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Understands the impact event services have on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Job type
- Higuillar, Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Starting in
- As soon as possible