Responsible for all aspects of the culinary center and the culinary operation of the gourmet café. Responsible for the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Coordinates the purchase of all food and develops menus, maintaining approved food costs and labor costs. Will be able to handle all aspects of the culinary center operation and related sales and marketing activities. Responsible for developing delivering cooking classes/programs and all related activities.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent vocational training certificate; 4 years experience in culinary or related leadership.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary leadership, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Discipline Work, Projects, and Policies
• Coordinates and implements kitchen work and projects as assigned.
• Delivers engaging cooking classes to guests.
• Reviews daily activities; house count, forecasted covers/classes, catering activities, purchases, meetings, appointments, V.I.Ps/special guests.
• Ensures the culinary center is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
• Establishes the day’s priorities and assigns production and other tasks to staff.
• Verifies that staff members are effective and working as scheduled.
• Minimizes wastes and maintains control to attain forecasted food and labor costs.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to operations procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Supporting Property Operations
• Works with operations teams to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Evaluates if discipline teams are meeting service needs and provides feedback to teams.
• Participates in walk-throughs on property to ensure that all areas are well maintained and preventative maintenance processes are in place.
• Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine operations performance against budget.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Customer and Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all customers and guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with customers and guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to customers and guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Partners with team members to meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Prioritizes, organizes, and delegates work assignments as necessary.
• Supports annual quality audits.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Supporting Safety Standards and Work Procedures
• Implements property emergency plan.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration/MSDS.
• Implements and sustains property accident prevention programs.
• Follows property-specific recovery plans.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time and possesses organizational skills.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Represents in hotel in public relation related activities in order to promote the hotel and the activities of the culinary center.
• Markets the culinary center and gourmet café
• Makes calls if necessary.
- Job type
- Higuillar, Dorado, Puerto Rico
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible