Helping people to flourish: Dorchester Collection Academy is the first of its kind in the UK luxury hospitality market, offering bespoke learning programmes focused on leadership and customer service for other luxury businesses and aspirational brands. The following outline some of the essential tasks for this role.
- To provide efficient and effective administrative support to the DCA Global Director
- To manage correspondence on behalf of the DCA Global Director (DCAGD)
- To highlight key points of interest or points for action by the DCAGD or other members of the DC Academy team
- To liaise externally with guests/clients/suppliers on behalf of the DCAGD
- To support with event preparations including room set up and event co-ordination
- To maintain the academy to a high standard
- To manage DC Academy related projects
- To manage databases of contacts for DCAGD
- To arrange the DCAGD daily schedule including internal and external appointments
- To manage business travel plans for the DC Academy
- To prepare for and attend key meetings and action points on behalf of the DCAGD
- To ensure the academy functions efficiently as part of the overall business
- To prepare a variety of internal and external communications on behalf of the DCAGD
- To drive the team to work together to compile goals, strategies and results for the DCAGD
- To prepare internal presentations on behalf of the team
- To work alongside the POD and hotels HR teams to ensure effective communications
- Assist the Head of Sales to support sales activities, including presentations, reports and analytics
- Assist the Head of Programmes with materials, data, reports and other related information
- Assist the team to manage all external presence and ensure it follows brand guidelines
- To raise Purchase Requests on behalf of the team and secure approvals
- To go through all invoices when received from accounts to ensure they are Academy related and take to DCGD for signature
- To help manage the records relating to P&L costs
- To deal with orders and stock control
- To manage expense claims
- To communicate professionally in all aspects
This role is entrusted with the responsibility of delivering the outline tasks and is expected to do so by enlivening our Dorchester Collection We Care culture and values with every interaction. The following are essential for this role.
- Expected to be an ambassador of our Dorchester Collection We Care culture and values.
- Entrusted with confidential and proprietary information across the collection and must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Expected to nurture positive, professional and constructive relationships with everyone at Dorchester Collection.
- Must have and create an environment of trust and openness.
- Must work with all Dorchester Collection employees with a high degree of respect
- Responsible for ensuring all communication channels exhibit our values;
- Written communication must be clear, professional and must include a constructive tone.
- Verbal communication must be clear, professional, warm and inviting and the syle must be aligned to our Dorchester Collection values and standards.
- Problem resolution must be managed with a high degree of diligence, dignity and respect for all parties involved.
- Must possess an attitude that enables our teams to approach you easily for assistance or an answer to a question
- Co-ordination of events
- Diary and travel management and related bookings
- Support including set up and maintenance
- Project management and cost control
- Communications including telephone, newsletter preparation, emails, presentations, letters and related learning and development materials for client use
- Representing the Global Director as required
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Management, Administration & General, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
One global compass guiding you to the only destinations you’ll ever need.
But what will make it your collection?
Perhaps we’ll be a second home, where you’re always in the place to be.
Or the canvas for golden moments that create your treasured memories.
We may simply provide a true sense of belonging ‒ wherever you are.
For in yesterday’s rich heritage you’ll find our knowledge and experience.
In today’s beautiful surroundings you’ll feel our craftsmanship and splendour.
In tomorrow’s memories you’ll know the warmth of our team.
But only you can decide how you’ll write our future legacy.
So, be our guest. Be our story. Be whatever your heart desires.
We’ll be honoured to take care of you.
Welcome to Dorchester Collection.
Iconic Hotels in Iconic Places.