What will I be doing?
A Guest Services Agent / Night Auditor / PBXOperator with Doubletree by Hilton is responsible for:
- As a Guest Service Agent: Greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel . Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests.
- As a PBX Operator: Answer hotel telephone and directs calls appropriate extension or room. Clearly communicate with guests regarding hotel information and emergencies. Contacts hotel executives and city services in cases of emergency.
- As a Night Auditor: Responsible for balancing all daily work for the hotel. Post and balance charges in a timely and efficient manner.
Specifically, you would beresponsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- As a Guest Service Agent:
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Promotes and administers Hilton Marketing Programs such as Hilton Honors, for arriving guests. Ensures guest knows location of room, and arranges for team member to accompany guest to room. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc. to guest.
- Ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement. Properly accounts for services provided by the hotel.. Assists guest with check out payments or charges. Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler''s checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate team members for decisions and actions.
- Promptly answers the telephone and email inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and advises other team members of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
- As a PBX Operator:
- Answers calls originating from external and internal sources. Directs caller to appropriate extension or room. Verifies last name of guest for all room calls. Assists guests with directions or other required information. Directs hotel staff to assist guests, upon request. Communicates to callers in a clear and concise manner. Inputs/writes messages using proper grammar and spelling. Verifies names and telephone numbers.
- Properly handles all incoming urgent matters or emergencies for the guests and hotel. Works with hotel management and/or security in order to calmly direct appropriate action. Appropriately documents all emergencies.
- As a Night Auditor:
- Post and balance all hotel work for each day.
- Prepare restaurant audits to breakdown and balance restaurant figures.
- Handle all computer end of day issues and problems that might occur throughout shift.
- Reconcile credit card system to daily transaction list from rooms
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required
4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
1 year of customer service required.
1 - 2 years of prior guest service experience are preferred.
2 years of combined prior PBXexperience preferred.
Prior hospitality experience alsopreferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specificuniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained toyou as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability strongly preferred in Japanese, Chinese or Korean.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL ANDABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities andbe able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essentialfunctions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects, such as, accounts, receivable, payroll, etc.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using Excel software and other various software programs.
- Office machines: operate calculator/10-key by touch, copier, fax, telephone.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, team members and management.
Since being founded in 1919, Hiltonhas been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beaconof innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result ofour Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically,we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading globalhospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-servicehotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly acentury, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest inaccommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuingits tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill theearth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to createremarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, ouramazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract