A Duty Management Trainee works closely with Guests to greet, converse, and assist with enquiries, especially when VIP Guests, long-stay Guests, and others are in the hotel lobby.
What will I be doing?
A Duty Management Trainee, you will works closely with Guests to greet, converse, and assist with enquiries, especially when VIP Guests, long-stay Guests, and others are in the hotel lobby. A Duty Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Occupy the hotel lobby and other public areas, particularly at busy times
- Engage Guests in conversation and provide general assistance
- Manage, record, and resolve promptly all Guest complaints
- Meet and greet VIP Guests and major corporate clients upon arrival
- Coordinate the services and special facilities provided to long-stay Guests
- Understand all credit procedures and ensure they are applied
- Stay current with all hotel products, services, policies and emergency procedures
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
- Handle, record and follow through with management issues or emergencies that arise
- Conduct any Health and Safety procedures, if required, including fire walks, food safety investigations, etc.
What are we looking for?
Duty Management Trainees serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail sector
- Calm, efficient and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Possesss strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability in a tight market sector
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results in a similar sized property
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Centrum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Starting in
- As soon as possible