This is an outstanding opportunity to join DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station. Set in the heart of the historic city centre, adjacent to Amsterdam Centraal Station, the modern DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station offers stunning city views and extraordinary service.
The hotel has 557 stylish guest rooms including 48 fantastic suites and 3 resident roof gardens. City Café, Eastwood, Lobby Bar, Executive Lounge and our very own Starbucks are great destination hotspots in the city. The first floor accommodates extensive meetings and events possibilities with 15 flexible meeting rooms. The SkyLounge Amsterdam, with rooftop terrace, on the highest floor of the hotel, is a stylish meeting place with baristas, cocktail experts and a DJ daily. From the top floor, guests can enjoy an amazing 360-degree view of the historic town, Amsterdam.
A Front Desk Supervisor supervises the activities manages at the hotel front desk, including check-in/check-out, Guest requests, concierge services and promotion of in-house activities.
What will I be doing?
As a Front Office Supervisor, you will oversee the front office activities between the Guest, the hotel, and the various hotel departments. A Front Office Supervisor is responsible for supervising the activities that create the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise Front Desk operations during your assigned shift to a consistently high standard
- Ensure your shift team have an current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and special promotional offers, as well as daily VIP and special events
- Advise your shift team of any special events or VIP Guests in the hotel that day
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of Team Members with an emphasis on training and team work
- Maximize sales revenues through up-selling and marketing program
- Manage Guest requests, inquiries, and complaints promptly and completely
- Maintain the professional appearance of the Front Desk with a focus on hospitality and Guest service
What are we looking for?
A Front Office Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Front Office experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- Strong commercial/business awareness and demonstration of sales capabilities
- Calm, organized work ethic with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent supervisory, inter-personal, and communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- A relevant supervisory/management certificate/diploma or degree
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Centrum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Starting in
- As soon as possible