This is an outstanding opportunity to join DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station. Set in the heart of the historic city centre, adjacent to Amsterdam Centraal Station, the modern DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station offers stunning city views and extraordinary service.
The hotel has 557 stylish guest rooms including 48 fantastic suites and 3 resident roof gardens. City Café, Eastwood, Lobby Bar, Executive Lounge and our very own Starbucks are great destination hotspots in the city. The first floor accommodates extensive meetings and events possibilities with 15 flexible meeting rooms. The SkyLounge Amsterdam, with rooftop terrace, on the highest floor of the hotel, is a stylish meeting place with baristas, cocktail experts and a DJ daily. From the top floor, guests can enjoy an amazing 360-degree view of the historic town, Amsterdam.
A Human Resources Intern is responsible for supporting and advising management on proper policies and procedures to deliver an excellent staff experience while assisting with employee relations.
What will I be doing?
As a Human Resources Intern, you are responsible for supporting and advising management on proper policies and procedures to deliver an excellent staff experience. A Human Resources Officer will also be required to manage succession planning and employee relations. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Support and advise Managers on proper policies and procedures
- Manage succession planning with senior managers during the bi-annual appraisal process
- Manage employee relations issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinaries, grievances, and capability
- Ensure absence monitoring is in line with company guidelines
- Maintain online personnel system, payroll system, and monthly reporting
- Ensure recruitment and selection process is adhered to and ensure that appropriate immigration checks are carried out
- Assist in determining departmental training requirements
- Ensure completion of training for hotel security, fire regulations and other health and safety legislation
- Assist in the organisation of Team Member social events
- Work with local organisations and schools to promote the hospitality industry
- Promote and endorse staff benefits
- Assist and resolve team member and management queries
What are we looking for?
A Human Resources Intern serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in Human Resources Officer or equivalent role
- Positive attitude
- Good communication and people skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service, both internally and externally
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
- Fluent in Dutch and English, other languages welcome
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- CIPD qualified or working towards qualification, or equivalent
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Good knowledge of employment law and employee relations
- IT proficiency
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Centrum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible