A HandyPerson with DoubleTree by Hilton Esplanade will support the MaintenanceDepartment with general maintenance work, to maintain proper conditions oftools, equipment, and working areas throughout the hotel.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, DoubleTree offers travelers aworld of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative,forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services thatmeet the needs of tomorrow''s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences inwhich every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand''s reputation and valuethe effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience,you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member.
What will I be doing?
As Handy Person, you will support the Maintenance Department to ensure anexceptional operational experience throughout the hotel. Specifically, a Handyperson will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform day-to-day general maintenance duties within the hotel rooms and public areas
- Respond promptly to maintenance issues and emergency calls
- Conduct regular inspection tours of the hotel to ensure all operating equipment is working correctly
- Work closely with the Maintenance Team on any projects or schedules
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
- Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with Guests
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel
What are we looking for?
A Handy Personserving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and workingwith other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintainthe attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar varied work environment such as ships, hospitals or retail businesses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established time frames
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for managing a variety of projects and tasks throughout the day
- A licensed Electrician with a current Electrical Trade Certificate would be advantageous
Hilton is the leading global hospitalitycompany, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels andresorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century,Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations,service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its traditionof providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unitesus as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the worldevery day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Job type
- Darwin City, Australia
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible