We arenow recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant with the opportunity to start anEngineering Apprenticeship in October 2018.
Why join the Hilton family as a Maintenance Assistant/Apprentice?
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
What willI be doing as a Maintenance Assistant?
As aMaintenance Assistant, you are responsible for carrying out appropriatemaintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellentGuest and Member experience. A Maintenance Assistant will also be required tofollow all company statutory and legal regulatory requirements during repairs.Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to thehighest standards:
- Implement company statutory and legal requirements including fire, health and safety, hygiene, electricity at work, and all local by-laws
- Respond to all enquiries promptly
- Carry out maintenance repair work and ensure the appropriate PPE is worn during all repairs
- Maintain the green areas and car parks when applicable
- Follow planned preventative maintenance programmes
- Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers and contractors
- Ensure energy conservation initiatives are implemented
- Follow C.O.S.H.H regulations, in particular the storage of hazardous substances
- Attend additional training suitable to the role
What will I be doing as anApprentice?
The Scheme is a 2x 18 months training programme:
• Stage 1 (Level 2): Property Maintenance Operative
Providing the essential skills and knowledge to carryout general maintenance
- Painting, Tiling, Plumbing and Electrical Repairs
- Plant and Safety Systems
- Energy and Sustainability
Qualification: NOCN Level 2 Diploma in PropertyMaintenance Operations
• Stage 2 (Level 3): Facilities Management Supervisor
Developing the skills and knowledge required toensure the safe and effective management of a building and facilities services,
o Contract and Financial Management
- Business Continuity
- Building Management and Sustainability
- Ethical Procurement
Qualification: BIFM Level 3 Diploma in FacilitiesManagement
o Basic English and Math skills
o Not assigned for another apprenticeshipscheme
What arewe looking for?
A Maintenance Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf ofour Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role,you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Availability for call-outs (rota system)
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
- Previous maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing or painting and decorating
- Relevant qualifications for the role
What will it be like to work forHilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sectorfrom luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites andmid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business andleisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value.Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guestexperiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earthwith the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to createremarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, ouramazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
You are not interested in an Apprentice role? Don''t worry! Apply now for aMaintenance Assistant position only.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible