DoubleTree Seattle Airport is looking for a Full-Time Human Resources Assistant to join their amazing team!
Great working environment and plenty of options to move up within the hotel and company.
The position includes Competitive Wages Great Benefits Paid Time Off Travel Discounts 401K with Matching and More!
We were rated #33 out of 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 by Fortune Magazine.
What will I be doing?
A Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing coordination and assistance for a variety of activities and functions for the Hotel within the Human Resources team. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Listen and respond to inquiries made by individuals calling or walking into the Human Resource office using a clear speaking voice to meet their needs
- Assists incoming employees, managers or candidates and provides accurate information.
- Answers questions, provides forms or directions. Refers all complex situations (complaints of harassment, etc) promptly to Director, Human Resources
- Monitors and follows up on time records and meal and break period reporting.
- Communicates challenges to Director, Human Resources. Processes Payroll for the location assigned. Communicates with Centralized payroll representatives, managers and employees in regards to payroll.
- Provides administrative assistance such as filing paperwork, copy and distribute disciplinary action notices, breakdown, sort and deliver PAF''s making new hire and termination files, copy and send exempt reviews to employee files/managers and department heads. Maintain department and personnel files. Creates and distributes memos, flyers and newsletters, as assigned
- Assists in planning and execution of various HR programs and initiatives. Coordinate meetings, create materials and presentations, research key topics, and provide ongoing support and follow up in project timelines.
- Coordinate training initiatives in conjunction with departments, Director, Human Resources and any Trainers by coordinating sessions, creating communications, and tracking participation and feedback.
- Maintains employee and applicant bulletin boards as well as the recruit kiosk area
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent
A minimum of two years prior Administrative support services with customer service responsibilities.
Previous Human Resources experience preferred
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of audiences, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and good analytical skills.
- Abilty to type accurately and at a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Abilty to exercise independent judgement and discretion while performing various responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize workload; managing various projects and demands on a concurrent basis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of effective reporting and tracking systems for project planning and execution.
- Good problem solving and research skills.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible