A Cluster Director of Business Development develops a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize revenue and profit performance of the Cluster. Lead execution of the commercial strategy through managing the relationship with revenue management, sales, marketing and Public Relations teams and activity, and by working effectively with the regional and area support teams.
What will I be doing?
A Cluster Director of Business Development will develop a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize revenue and profit performance of the Cluster. Lead execution of the commercial strategy through managing the relationship with revenue management, sales, marketing and Public Relations teams and activity, and by working effectively with the regional and area support teams. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct accountability for delivering all hotel revenues including: Rooms / Group, Conference and Events / Food and Beverage / Other revenues
- Own commercial strategy from planning through to execution using the Hilton commercial focus process
- Direct and oversee all Group, Conference and Events sales activity from demand generation to maximizing conversion
- Own the creation and execution of the annual Revenue plan
- Manage hotel level marketing planning and execution
- Support DOS and Sales Manager in the hotel sales activities, both planning and execution
- Manage hotel level Public Relations activities
- Manage hotel pricing and inventory management
- Liaise with regional commercial and brand teams to provide maximum benefit to hotel performance
What are we looking for?
The individual must possesss the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across different functions and levels within the business , including with Management and Ownership groups
- A demonstration of Leadership skills to ensure driving the vision for all revenue streams, from a Divisional, Cluster and hotel perspective
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to perform critical analysis and develop accurate findings
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure and/or travel
- Certifiable in the use of all Hilton revenue management database systems and tools. Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, personal computers and software programs, including Microsoft Office
- Sales experience in either field or on-site environment
- Adaptable to travel as required and schedule changes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and possesssion of a full understanding of professional ethics, decorum and social skills. Extensive interaction with customers, investment ownerships and business partners required. Must be able to adapt to different audiences dictated by culture and country or origin
- Three year college degree or experience equivalent
- Significant experience of three (3) or more years in revenue management or analytical roles
- Has had 2 years cross-functional experience in operations or hotel management and brand exposure
- Leadership and Team Management
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Adaptable experience with travel industry reservation systems
- Adaptable experience with hotel property management systems
- Strong experience in hospitality forecasting, pricing and inventory control
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Shiyan, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible