The Outlets Manager is responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of the hotel''s food and beverage outlets in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. DoubleTree San Jose''s food and beverage program includes 7 outlets, ranging from In Room Dining to fine dining.
What will I be doing?
As an Outlets Manager, you would be responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of the hotel''s food and beverage outlets in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience in Food & Beverage
- Open availability to work varying days and hours as business requires
- Demonstrated ability to train employees in guest service standards and upselling
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Hotel industry experience
- Experience working at a fine dining establishment
- A previous role that has required the oversight of multiple food and beverage outlets or restaurant locations simultaneously
- Experience using Micros
- Strong wine knowledge
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- North San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible