A Room Attendant is responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites in compliance with standards.
What will I be doing?
A Room Attendant is responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites in compliance with standards. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean rooms/ suites, as assigned, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and washing windows / tracks. Reports rooms as clean and available. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain room in compliance with hotel standards.
- Strip dirty linens / towels and remove used amenities from room/suite.
- Check maid cart for supplies, stock as needed.
- Greet guests immediately with friendly/sincere acknowledgement.
- Replenish linen and guest amenities.
- Clean balconies, if applicable.
- Respond to special requests by guests (such as providing extra amenities or service time requests).
What are we looking for?
- Some housekeeping or janitorial/cleaning experience preferred
- Open availability to work varying days and shifts, including weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board.
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible