The Regional Director of Information Technology oversees all aspects of the technology used at hotels within their region. This role provides leadership to IT staff in the region to ensure the effective use of technology and timely execution of the various hotel related projects. The Regional Director of Information Technology assists to define processes, procedures and protocols to optimize the security, structure and integrity of hotel networks and systems. The Regional Director Information Technology works closely with hotel IT staff in Regional to ensure that IT initiatives of the hotels he/she supports comply with Hyatt’s standards and technology direction. And as required, will be contribute to the definition of IT standards.
This role serves IT customers throughout its defined group of hotels and Region, including hotel management, Hyatt associates and guests. This role also develops and maintains relationships with Corporate IT resources and IT vendors to improve information flow, share resources and maximize the effectiveness of hotel IT staff within the Regional.
The Regional Director Information Technology reports to VP Global Field Services Technology
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Conduct IT MOR (Management Operations Reviews) at hotels in the region to provide recommendations to improve the IT effectiveness
- Provide guidance to hotel IT staff within the region
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant IT trends, products and industry standards that may assist in the successful execution of regular responsibilities. Adapt Hyatt policies, standards and processes based on new developments
- Work collectively with other regions and corporate office to provide ongoing recommendations for IT processes/procedures, training, disaster recovery, and best practice review
- Monitor IT software and hardware inventories, identifying opportunities to achieve efficiencies when possible. Define methods to improve the effectiveness of customer facing technology in efforts to elevate the hotel guest satisfaction scores
- Implement a continuous improvement focus throughout the hotel IT staff. Encourage others to identify work or system improvement opportunities to enhance hotel IT effectiveness. Collaborate with Corporate IT to exchange information and resolve problems regarding operation of Hyatt systems, report generation, system enhancements, system failures and related issues
- Ensure that hotels within Regional of responsibility maintain current IT documentation (e.g., user guides, problem logs, vendor contracts, software licenses)
- Oversee the IT planning and budget process for hotels within the region
- Provide leadership in the mentoring of IT staff within the region
- Assist with hotel openings and closings in Regional.
- Perform or have input into the annual performance evaluations of all IT staff in Regional. And to provide leadership in the mentoring and development of IT staff in the Regional.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for critical IT management or support situation in the region
- Act as a catalyst to foster teamwork for collaborative IT efforts and the communication of key events/concerns
- Ensure that backups are maintained for all supported systems within each hotel.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
8 or more years technology management experience
Hotel IT experience required
Experience in dealing with multiple and diverse stakeholders, including hotel associates, guests and management, as well as managing vendor relationships
B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Management/Business preferred
Provide technological and managerial leadership to the hotel(s)
Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management/staff within the organization
Ability to balance and report multiple priorities to multiple reporting sources
Ability to mentor and foster development of personnel and teamwork
Candidates for this role should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment with a focus on quality, efficiency and meeting IT customer needs. The successful candidate should have excellent information technology and project management skills, be a self-starter, and be effective at leading team members to achieve desired results in a collaborative work environment. Candidates should also possess excellent communication skills and be able to clearly present technical subject matters to non-technical management.
This position requires availability, in person and/or via mobile/remote access, during varied hours of hotel operation in order to provide IT access and support to hotel employees and guests.
This role will have an impact on hotel operating expenses or other performance measures. The role will impact the continuity, reliability and efficiency of hotel operations which rely on Hyatt information technology, as well as the overall guest experience.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Zürich, Switzerland
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible