The Luxury Account Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining on-going relationships with Luxury properties and owners while working closely with Marketing Knowledge Experts (KE) to verify marketing initiatives are being executed at the property and regional levels in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (COE). Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of Luxury hotels for Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) needs. Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• College (University) degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related field preferred.
• MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
• 2+ years managerial experience.
• Prior experience in the field of brand marketing or marketing services support, digital marketing and social media experience preferred.
• Prior experience working with Luxury brands preferred along with understanding of Luxury consumers and how to reach that market, from both a messaging and targeting standpoint.
• Understands Luxury-specific tools, vendors, and channels and knowledge of how to leverage on behalf of hotels.
• Demonstrated ability to define success metrics blending awareness and tactical ROI initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related, preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of Luxury hotels for BMD needs.
• Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property, including setting and tracking key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels that will be utilized to reach those goals.
• Monitors implementation of plans for each assigned property, including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels that will be utilized to reach those goals.
• Communicates with property points of contact and above property support teams to:
o Gather input related to business needs and opportunities throughout planning process and ongoing optimization process;
o Report on strategy results; and
o Recommend approaches addressing the hotel’s (or destination’s) changing business needs.
• Collaborates with other Luxury account managers within Field Marketing to aide in best practice sharing and maintain consistency in marketing delivery to Luxury hotels and its consumers; uses BMD collaboration and communication tool (i.e., StarForce).
• Serves as a brand guardian for assigned Luxury brands and maintains strong communication with brand teams.
• Understands owner expectations; develops effective marketing solutions that meet these expectations while also creating value for both owners and Marriott International.
• Completes relevant brand training and develops a thorough understanding of the Luxury lodging business (e.g., hotel operation, industry drivers, challenges, competitors, MI’s position in the global marketplace) and cutting edge marketing trends that unveil growth opportunities.
• Understands brand and marketing strategies and their application to the supported hotels and its consumers.
• Verifies strategies meet the marketing needs of all the Luxury brands for the supported markets and pull through new marketing programs/products/services to confirm successful, brand appropriate local implementation.
• Manages the hotel’s Field Marketing budget and provides budget guidance to property leadership on regularly scheduled strategy calls; determining the most effective allocation of marketing dollars.
• Leads monthly strategy calls and/or meetings for Premium Account Management hotels.
• Partners with sales, revenue and operations hotel leaders to verify that they are actively participating and contributing in relevant strategy discussions (i.e., sales strategy meetings).
• Collaborates with Destination Account Manager(s) to support Online Travel Agency initiatives.
• Works with COEs, KEs and other MI teams to execute key marketing and digital activities.
• Manages coordinators and any other BMD support personnel, as assigned, and verifies quality of work.
• Shares quantitative view on how various channels/activities support business objectives (e.g., anticipated ROI per channel) and sets goals/targets.
• Submits coordinator assignments with priorities and timelines to meet and/or exceed hotel expectations; manages coordinators and any other BMD support personnel, as assigned, and verifies quality of work.
• Meets or exceeds annual hotel engagement survey goals.
• Determines KPIs and specific goals for properties, monitors progress against those goals and provides reports and information about progress.
• Develops an understanding of unique customer segment interests and buying patterns; finds relevant research and information to remain current, especially related to segments relevant to supported hotels.
• Develops extensive knowledge of COE capabilities; manages the timeliness and quality of all COE deliverables.
• Identifies opportunities for expanding marketing opportunities/services for a given property; shares value of expanded marketing opportunities/services with property leadership; includes ROI analyses for marketing opportunities/services.
• Updates marketing plans as needed based on performance.
• Educates hotel and regional leadership about strategy, best practices, and policies/procedures to validate adherence to and adoption of regional guidance.
• Educates GMs and owners on marketing and eCommerce topics and trends, with an emphasis on its impact to Luxury consumers.
• Identifies opportunities for expanding services for a given property; shares value of expanded services with property leadership; includes ROI analyses for services and campaigns.
• Develops an understanding of how to promote hotels using applicable loyalty program and redemption models.
• Documents all interactions with hotels, i.e., planning meetings, presentations, review of results in the preferred data base (i.e., Starforce).
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
• Responds to ad-hoc requests.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Medford, MA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible