Do you like to have fun? And make sure other people are having fun too? Are you competitive and enjoy reaching – and exceeding – challenging goals? Do your friends describe you as the “life of the party?”
If yes, you may be the ideal Activities Coordinator at EF International Language Campuses – San Francisco. We are seeking a driven, energetic super star to oversee all aspects of our daily activities programming for 400+ international students. Your mission will be to create an EF community spirit within the school while achieving high levels of profitability and customer satisfaction. Please only apply to this position if you are fun, charismatic and extremely reliable!
About the role
- Plan and execute a range of daily activities appealing to several different interests and demographics within our school
- Develop and publish activity calendars at least 3-6 months in advance
- Constantly promote and market activities to ensure high attendance rates and strong sales
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction with a focus on maximizing return rates and NPS
- Emcee new student intakes every Monday including a walking tour of Fisherman’s Wharf
- Organize large school-wide events and parties along with regular WOW moments
- Arrange day trips/overnight excursions including hotels, buses, itineraries and staffing
- Recruit, train and supervise activity leaders to ensure all activities are well-staffed
- Network with local businesses to negotiate discounts and perks for EF staff and students
- Collaborate with central sales and marketing teams to launch loyalty/branding campaigns
- Manage social media accounts including daily monitoring/response to customer reviews
- Own department budget and daily reconciliation of cash register/credit card transactions
- Organize school storage rooms, gadget inventories and retail sales
- Participate in emergency phone/on-call duties on rotating basis
- Additional school-wide initiatives and events as assigned
- U.S. work authorization
- Fluent written and oral English skills
- BA and minimum two years work experience preferably in hospitality/tourism
- Sales, marketing and customer service experience also highly preferred
- Local knowledge of Bay Area culture and attractions is a big plus
- Unlimited levels of energy and enthusiasm
- A sparkling personality, grit and sense of humor
- Presence – strong public speaking abilities and comfortable leading large groups (100+)
- Results-oriented with a positive, nothing-is-impossible attitude
- Flexibility – this is not a typical 9-5 and will require regular evening/weekend work
- Robust organization, time management and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Confidence/Poise – cool under pressure, willing/able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills along with empathy for others – you connect with a range of personalities, cultures, ages and individuals with limited English skills
- Bonus points for special talents: especially singing and dancing
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and your most creative costume party idea.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Le Pain Quotidien