EF High School Exchange Year – Recruitment Manager - based Remotely
EF High School Exchange Year sponsors international high school students who spend a semester or academic year living with volunteer host families across the United States. Together we share culture and languages, open communities to the wider world, and create lifelong bonds that span the globe. The core of this program requires recruiting volunteer host families from around the country who open their homes and hearts to exchange student. Our Recruitment Managers help to make this happen.
Recruitment Managers specialize in growing our program by recruiting, qualifying, and onboarding volunteer host families and local coordinators to support them. They help candidates understand what the program entails and make sure they meet our program’s high standards. The team also assists regional teams in student placement and reaching overall program goals.
If you are goal-oriented, a great communicator and thrive in a fast-paced sales environment, you might be an ideal Recruitment Manager for our team. We are looking for enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented candidates who are passionate about cultural exchange and are interested in starting a successful career at EF.
Tell me more:
As a Recruitment Manager, you will play an integral role in helping build global families. In this phone/e-mail- based role, you will be the frontline of communication for prospective American host families and International Exchange Coordinators. You will work in this sales role to ensure that we are frequently and eloquently following up with all leads and interested candidates in a timely manner. If you love being on the phone and connecting with people, this could be the right role for you. Your outstanding communication skills, excellent attention to detail, superior judgment, and sincere interest in international education will ensure a positive program experience for all participants.
• Outreach to interested host family and local coordinator candidates – 80% of this role is spent on the phone
• Managing a pipeline of candidates through various stages of the lead cycle
• Onboarding candidates and understanding their motivation and interests
• Facilitating connections between candidates, staff and local coordinators who will interact with them in the application process, screening and student selection
• Follow up on candidate’s progress and provide general assistance during the application and screening process
• Targeting specific areas of assigned region to generate interest in hosting
• Using social media to target specific interest groups
• Matching host families with students based on hosting preferences and interests
You are driven, self-motivated, sales-focused and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Your demonstrated ability to produce results and motivate others is at the core of all you do, as are your outstanding communication and problem-solving skills. You have an excellent attention to detail, good judgment and a passion for international education and cultural exchange.
More about you:
- Excellent phone and written communication skills
- Goal driven with a sales mentality to meet individual and team benchmarks as well as call outreach goals
- Positive attitude, high energy, open to feedback
- Desire to go above and beyond in providing flawless customer service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excited to be part of a fast-paced working environment
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and perform a variety of deadline-driven projects in a timely manner
• Ability to work some evening shifts and weekends
• Prior experience with Salesforce preferred, but not required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Outlook and Excel)
EF High School Exchange Year (HSEY) is a non-profit high school foreign exchange program affiliated with Education First. We bring students from around the world to live with volunteer host families and enroll in local high schools for either one semester or a full academic year. Our mission is to promote international understanding and global awareness across the US. Together we share culture and languages, open communities to the wider world, and create lifelong bonds that span the globe. For more information, please visit www.efexchangeyear.org .
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com