Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=12462&clientkey=A722C94018C74598827DA30CA97B75F0
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Element Detroit at the Metropolitan. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To supervise the Hotel Operations by developing and implementing strategies and services which not only meet, but rather exceed the needs of guests, staff members and owners. This includes the role of resident expert on all required brand standards related to check-in and checkout procedures, front desk operations (both check-in/check-out and entertainment), sales and the general operations of hotel facilities. Daily supervision and direction of Front Desk Agents. This includes daily support of hotel operational areas as well, including Housekeeping (cleaning rooms, delivering supplies and linen), Maintenance, and Sales.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service. Observe front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification and credit are established and all posting, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
- Maximizes hotel revenues through up-sell program, 95% occupancy strategies parking revenues by ensuring proper ticket accountability and cash handling procedures.
- Observe the front desk and Guest Services areas and ensure that all staff duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guest requests are handled both courteously and professionally, guests are helped on a timely basis and the proper greetings are used, guests are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through. Brand guest service scores, guest comments (via third party sites, comments card etc.) will be used to measure guest satisfaction.
- Direct and train staff. Assist in new-hire and on-going training. Direct and assist front desk staff and telecommunications in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule.
- Participate in the hiring process of new staff members. Assist with the preparation of Staff Member Transaction Forms, performance appraisals, and any Staff Service forms as appropriate.
- Review current days expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment. Review the daily room availability and inform staff. Check status of departures on a daily basis. Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, telecommunications, the following shift supervisor, and the Front Desk Manager.
- Ensure proper staffing levels based on hotel demand and all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- Oversee sales and operations of Guest Services areas ensuring service excellence, proper inventories and accurate account of sales and cleanliness standards are met and overall appearance.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits.
- Support Housekeeping functions by assisting in sanitizing, cleaning, laundry process, and any other housekeeping functions or needs as required.
- Support Food & Beverage functions by placing orders, stocking, inventories, and management of operations and staff.
- Acquire TABC license to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Support Marketplace functionality by placing orders, stocking, inventories, and management of operations and staff.
- Stay abreast and informed with Local, State, Federal, & brand safety guidelines.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.