Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online : https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=aaf2980d-0190-4698-8500-00e105726af5&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Coury Hospitality . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Accountable for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel and providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests stay. Responsible for acting as Manager on Duty, anticipating and resolving problems and creating an environment that is warm and welcoming.
- Recruits, selects, and retains a quality Front Office staff, including Front Desk Associates and Valet/Bellmen staff.
- Supervises the front office to ensure that Front Desk and Valet Staff are adhering to all hotel procedures, regulations and standards, while striving towards total guest satisfaction.
- Ensures smooth, efficient and professional operation of all front office operations including check-in and check-out of all guests through proper handling of guest accounts.
- Initiates and implements up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
- Trains each Front Office Associate and Valet to deliver efficient, excellent service to customers and guests.
- Ensures Associates have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and Events. Leads by example:
- Provides Great Customer Service to all Guest in a warm and Friendly Manner.
- Audits all work for accuracy and consistency on a regular basis.
- Maintains high standards of each Associates work performance through continual monitoring, the issuing of evaluations, and performance improvement plans, coaching or corrective action as necessary.
- Enforces adherence to the Company’s standards of dress and appearance.
- Works with General Manager to constantly improve hotel curb appeal, lobby presentation and arrival/departure experience.
- Verifies payroll on a daily and weekly basis for all Front Office and Valet personnel.
- Handles customer complaints, credit card chargebacks, and customer care cases.
- Develops knowledge of frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
- Provides excellent customer service and service recovery when necessary.
- Resolve guest relation problems skillfully with a willingness and desire to understand a guest's viewpoint while keeping within Company policies.
- Responsible for proper key control and other security measures.
- Organizes and maintains Front Office records and equipment to control the inventory of Front Office supplies and forms.
- Becomes knowledgeable of emergency/fire evacuation and safety procedures and train staff as needed. Must be trained to use an Automated External Defibrillator and know medical emergency procedures. Informs General Manager of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains on-going communication with the Housekeeping Department on all Housekeeping/Front Desk matters, the Controller on all Accounting/Front Desk issues, the Reservation Office on all Reservation/Front Office matters, and all other departments as needed.
- Provides timely weekly work schedules, posted at least three (3) days before the start of the new workweek.
- Must be capable of performing all duties of the Front Desk for any position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer-relation skills with a total commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Must be a "people-person" who thrives on public contact.
- Professional appearance and mannerism.
- Supervisory and performance management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Accounting and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with guests when they are angry or upset.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Ability to attend to more than one task at a time.
- Technical knowledge of Front Desk operations.
- Knowledge of Minnesota, Minneapolis and surrounding communities.
- Customer Service and Management experience required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Minneapolis, MN, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible