Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead is looking for their next Director of Housekeeping! A Director of Housekeeping is responsible for directing and administering all Housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This 316 room property is home to over 85 full time team members and is located within the northern Atlanta city limits. This position reports directly to the General Manager and oversees a team of approximately 35 full time team members on a day to day basis including, Laundry Attendants, Suite Attendants, and Housemen.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Housekeeping, you would be responsible for directing and administering all Housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms in accordance with federal, local and company health, sanitation and safety standards
- Lead, direct and administer all Housekeeping operations to include, but not limited to, of systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Participate in the coordination of rehabilitation and capital improvement projects in partnership with Property Operations and other departments
What are we looking for?
- 2 years housekeeping management experience within hospitality
- 3 years total housekeeping experience
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Previous Director or Assistant Director level experience
- Hilton brand experience
- Knowledge of PDQ and/or Synergy software
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Buckhead, Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible