The oceanfront Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach in Oxnard, CA is the only southern California all-suite beachfront resort, located by the beautiful Channel Islands Harbor. Our property boasts 250 newly renovated rooms and offers the perfect location for special events amidst 16,000 sq. ft. of flexible tropical splendor and serenity.
We are seeking a Banquet Manager to join our exceptional team and oversee the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Manager, you would be responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Oversee the set up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the break down of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 year of Banquets supervisory or managerial experience
- Previous experience with set-up of hotel banquet/meeting rooms
- Open availability to work varying days and shifts as business requires
- Proven ability to successfully lead, motivate, and train a team
- Experience working for a luxury hotel brand preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Oxnard, CA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible