Embassy Suites by Hilton in Downtown Portland is seeking a friendly, outgoing morning person to join our busy Breakfast team!
This is a part time position requiring early morning shifts. This position includes food service and customer service in a fun, fast-paced environment.
What will I be doing?
- Prepare foods such as cut fruit, coffee, juices, cereals, breads, etc.; replenish food on cold lines and buffets as needed and inspect display tables; .
- Observe and ask guests about their needs and levels of satisfaction with the food or service; describe and/or answer questions for guests about menu items, the buffet, daily specials, etc.; talk with guests in order to create a friendly atmosphere and respond to their questions about attractions or other information in the area.
- Stock coffee, juice, milk machines, dry items, china, glass, silver, etc; set out chafing dishes, steam tables, heat lamps, signs and easels, flowers, newspapers, and self-serve utensils
- Bus, clear and clean tables as they become available; wash utensils, china, etc; clean up spills; remove trash; replenish guest tables and self-service stations as needed
- Clean work areas and floors (sweep, mop or vacuum) for appearance and safety
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in food and beverage is preferred
- Must have open availability to work AM shifts on varying days, including weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates: Oregon Liquor Service Permit; Alcohol Service Permit. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers and to fully comprehend guest requests.
- Ability to recognize conditions that promote food contamination and take appropriate action; adhere to sanitation guidelines for handling food when both bussing and stocking.
- Ability to maintain perspective and composure in demanding business situations such as an irate guests, rush of business or being short-staffed.
- Ability to divide attention among several tasks going on at one time.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve group work goals.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible