What will I be doing?
A Room Service Server is responsible for answering the room service telephone and taking guest orders accurately in a helpful, friendly, courteous and professional manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells sides, desserts and beverages to enhance profitability. Enters order into computerized system and settles check upon delivery of the order. Assists in delivery and service of food and/or beverage items in a friendly, courteous and timely manner resulting in guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Promptly answer Room Service calls, announce any specials, promote menu items and answer questions regarding preparation methods.
- Document orders, repeat items back to callers to ensure accuracy and quote expected arrival time with speed and accuracy.
- Immediately input order information into point of sale system, allowing kitchen staff to begin preparation; note any special requests clearly. Give food server hard copy of check to be delivered with order.
- Processes payment for orders upon return of the Room Service Server.
- Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management. Maintains house bank in accordance with policy
- Set up room service trays and tables in anticipation of incoming orders.
- Once order is received, set table and pick up order from the kitchen or bar. When picking up, be certain that order is complete, i.e., all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and all condiments.
- Carry trays up to 30 lbs. or push wheeled carts to deliver room service orders to guests in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction. After set up, present check and obtain payment.
- Assist buspersons in removing trays and tables from guest floors and returning them to designated locations.
- Respond to guest complaints in a positive manner, negotiate a compromise and implement solution.
- Answer calls for pick-up of trays and/or tables and direct buspersons to retrieve items.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service and food service experience required.
- Must have a high degree of comfort speaking on the phone and have working knowledge of Excel for order taking.
- Experience with product upsells is helpful.
- Must be available to work evening shifts any day of the week, including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Food Service Sanitation certification. Alcohol Server Permit (if required).
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Meet minimum age requirements for jurisdiction.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of all menu items and accompaniments
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with guests.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate preparation methods, ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Basic knowledge of Excell spreadsheets
- Ability to operate a keyboard to input Point of Sale procedures to pre-check, input order and close out the check.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, serviceware and menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. frequently.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible