The Embassy Suites, La Jolla / San Diego is seeking a Part-Time Cook to join the Kitchen team!
This position requires open availability to work day shifts that can start as early as 5am-1:30pm or as late as 8am-4:30pm. If you are ready to launch your Culinary Career with Hilton, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for providing shift relief for breakfast, dinner, station and second cooks in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and established standards
- Prepare and maintain quality control for hot food items including, but not limited to, meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks and seasonings
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- University City, San Diego, CA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible