Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla in the heart of University Town Center is looking to add a Laundry Supervisor to our Housekeeping team!
This position is full time, night shifts only (3pm-11:30pm)), with weekend and holiday availability required. This is an operational position rather than administrative. We offer amazing benefits that include extensive paid time off (4 weeks vacation!) medical, dental, vision, 401k, travel discounts, employee restaurant (complimentary!), Hilton Marketplace discounts, and employee recognition programs.
Hilton is ranked by Fortune Magazine as the 26th Best Place to Work in the United States! What are you waiting for? Please read the information below, submit your application, and come join the Hilton family!
What will I be doing?
As a Laundry Supervisor, you would be responsible for supervising laundry and/or uniform operations to ensure a constant supply of clean linens and/or uniforms for the hotel in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, train and supervise Laundry and/or Uniform team members to ensure a constant supply of clean linens and/or uniforms for the hotel
- Oversee the ordering and distribution of team member uniforms (if applicable)
- Perform all stages of linen processing including, but not limited to, collecting, transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading, ironing, folding, storing and delivering and cleaning laundry equipment and the laundry area, as needed
- Assign work including, but not limited to, assigning machinery, equipment and scheduled work areas
- Monitor linen quality, inventory, stain percentage, damaged linen and production reports to ensure reordering, rewashing and repairs in a timely manner
- Record productivity through, but not limited to, hourly production pieces per operator hour
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- University City, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible