Make Future History with us at the brand new Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown - Pioneer Square!
If you have previous professional cooking experience and enjoy working early morning/day shifts, apply today for immediate contact!
This is a full time position offering a competitive hourly pay rate, paid time off programs, health benefits after 90 days, and the best employee travel program in the industry!
What will I be doing?
A Breakfast Cook is responsible for the preparation and delivery of the complimentary breakfast to hotel guests. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Food preparation including use of equipment such as grills, ovens, steamer, etc.; prepare batters for pancakes, french toast, muffins, etc; use standardized recipes and mixer equipment; cook grilled items such as eggs, bacon, and hash browns; handle and store all food items in accordance with pre-determined procedures. Inspect prepared food before it is served to insure that quality standards for preparation and appearance are met.
- Observe and ask guests about their needs and levels of satisfaction with the food or service; describe and/or answer questions for guests about menu items, the buffet, daily specials, etc.; talk with guests in order to create a friendly atmosphere and respond to their questions about attractions or other information in the area.
- Advise other employees of delays in food preparation; notify employees if a prepared food item fails to meet quality standards.
- Maintain equipment such as china, glass, silver, stainless steel equipment such as shelves, counters, and coffee makers; visually inspect equipment, fixtures, floors, etc. in assigned work areas to insure clean appearance and sanitary conditions.
- Clean work areas and floors (sweep, mop or vacuum) for appearance and safety.
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Some work experience in related field required. At least 2 years experience in related field preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a Washington State Food Handler''s Card. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language with guests and co-workers and to fully comprehend guest requests
- Knowledge of basic food preparaton/grilling technigques and of procedures with prevent food borne illnesses.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to perform a job or task with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to set priorities for work activities.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration