A Breakfast Supervisor is responsible for staffing and the service and quality of the hotels breakfast service.
This position will be scheduled to work early morning shifts on varied days of the week, including weekdays, weekends and holidays. Please have open scheduling availability work morning/day shifts.
What will I be doing?
A Breakfast Supervisor is responsible for staffing and the service and quality of the hotels breakfast service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitor quality of service by observing or asking customers about needs; resolve customer complaints about service, food quality, etc. by assessing problem and taking immediate action.
- Forecast and determine when customer volume requires adding or re-assigning staff and making adjustments accordingly. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
- Implement procedures to control food and labor costs.
- Administer procedures related to Internal Audit. Inspect facilities and equipment for clean, safe and sanitary conditions
- Maintain positive working relationships with regular vendors, guests, and co-workers.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
- Monitor the quality of food preparation (cooking techniques, food temperatures, plate presentation). Monitor storage and rotation of food stock and supplies to insure sanitation and inventory procedures are in accordance to hotel guidelines
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
Some work experience in related field required. At least two years experience in related field preferred. Supervisory experience helpful.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a Washington Health Card Permit; Alcohol Service Permit. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of basic food preparation and restaurant operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs., and to lift lighter objects overhead
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible