A Banquet Captain with Embassy Suites by Hilton South Bend at Notre Dame is responsible for overseeing the set-up and clean-up of food and beverage during banquet functions in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
With a prime location across the street from the University of Notre Dame, our all-suite hotel is steps from shops, restaurants and bars at Eddy Street Commons, and Fighting Irish fans will love the quick walk to Notre Dame athletic facilities and DeBartolo Performing Arts Center. Don''t miss our 6th floor rooftop deck, a relaxing area to enjoy sweeping views of the Notre Dame campus.
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Captain, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise food and beverage service throughout banquet functions to ensure quality service and product quality
- Assist with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Greet and welcome client representatives and guests, responding to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Participate in and lead department meetings
- Process banquet checks accurately and efficiently for payment
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- South Bend, IN, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible