The Housekeeping Supervisor at the Embassy Suites by Hilton South Bend at Notre Dame will be responsible for the training and supervision of room/suite and house attendants to ensure all rooms/suites and public areas are cleaned and comply with hotel standards.
This is a full-time position requiring a flexible, varied schedule. Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays is required.
With a prime location across the street from the University of Notre Dame, our all-suite hotel is steps from shops, restaurants and bars at Eddy Street Commons, andFighting Irish fans will love the quick walk to Notre Dameathletic facilities andDeBartolo Performing Arts Center.Don''t miss our 6th floor rooftop deck, a relaxing area to enjoy sweeping views of the Notre Dame campus.
What will I be doing?
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, train and supervise Room Attendants and Housepersons on a floor or designated area to ensure all rooms and public areas meet established cleanliness and quality standards
- Assess inventory of, assign for cleaning and inspect rooms
- Verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms
- Monitor payroll reports, work schedules, lost and found program, stock rooms and carts and designated inventories
- Communicate and coordinate with Engineering/ Property Operations to ensure efficient maintenance and repair of items related to guest rooms and public areas
- Perform Room Attendant and/or Houseperson duties, as needed
- Assist in performance evaluations of Room Attendants and Housepersons, as needed
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience in a hospitality or retail environment is required.
- Flexible schedule availability is required, including weekends and holidays.
- Hotel housekeeping experience preferred
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of inventories, scheduling and productivity
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members verbally and in written form.
- Ability to clean rooms, when needed.
- Physically able to move and / or operate large objects, such as: maid''s carts, suite furniture, large bags of linen, vacuum cleaners and boxes of inventory.
- Ability to follow and enforce all hotel standards, including safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computer.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- South Bend, IN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible