Assistant Training Manager
Kempinski training aims to provide strategic focus by developing and implementing great trainers and great training tools.
The overall scope of an Assistant Training Manager is to support the Director of People Training to deliver the above mission statement at both properties while preparing and developing themselves for a future training leadership role.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai / Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver Colleague Orientation and Brand Immersion program, train the trainer, customer service training, and any other assigned training in order to provide effective training & development support to improve service quality and Colleague engagement.
- Provide training support and consultancy to departments working closely with the Director of People Training.
- Develop training and internal communication resources to market training initiatives and programs
- Compile Feedback and effectiveness of training activities.
- Assist and coach Colleagues on Cross Training and ensure that records are kept up to date.
- Support the design and development of new learning initiatives aligned with The Kempinski Brand
- Closely work with Director of People Training to Audit department training records.
- Create, update and maintain training department files for training programs.
- Manage and update Venza and Lobster Ink Records and provide support to departments as required.
- Ensure a clear and concise monthly training calendar is posted and made available for all colleagues.
- Manage and maintain training notice boards.
- Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with all colleagues, suppliers and vendors.
- Track overall training and training results.
- Coordinate all internal and external trainings and nominations
- Prepare training certificates for all completed trainings.
- Prepare training needs analysis working closely with the Director of People Training.
- Make requisition for all required training related materials closely monitoring created budget and liaising with Director of People training.
- Attend and contribute to department meetings, departmental trainer meetings, other scheduled activities.
- Carry out your role in a safe and environmentally friendly way, protecting the health and safety of both colleagues and guests.
- Promptly escalate any concerns or issues related to training processes and attendances to Director of People Training.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as per the hotel’s grooming standards at all times.
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski’s core values while maintaining a positive attitude.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Very good Training & Presentation Skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Great inter-personal, communication and customer-service skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Good command in English
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Publisher
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- November 2018
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions.
Guests can also enjoy a range of water sports, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, surfing yacht and fishing trips in the Arabian Gulf. Yoga, Pilates and ball games are also available as well as children’s activities and a teen’s club.
Last, but not least, the hotel also avails of first-class business and conferencing facilities, making it attractive not only to leisure travellers, but corporates and business travellers alike.
The Hotel is characterized by its grand design and regal interiors.
Inspired by 18th century continental Europe, renowned consultants Leo International designed the Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel’s interiors to reflect the majestic era of Louis XV with a contemporary twist that appeals to today’s discerning guests.
Crystal chandeliers, marble and gold and silver leaf plated wood combined with opulent drapery, elegant colour schemes and expansive spaces pay homage to palatial living.
The hotel’s classical design complements the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.