Assistant Reservation Manager
The incumbent of this position is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Reservations department.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage rooms inventory to achieve optimum results in occupancy, average rate and revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Train, develop, and motivate staff to increase productivity.
- Participate in staff recruitment, organise on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, supervise and manage performance in order to ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Maintain good working relations with other departments and keep close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Review MyFidelio, OCM & PMS availability keeping sufficient inventory for high yield segments.
- Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
- Supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents’ commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Control no show and late cancellation charges.
- Update Serenata configuration / offers / confirmation letters set-up in corporate design, if applicable.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.).
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all reservation standards.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Test calls LQA / IFH results > 85%.
- Maintain an internal up sell programme for the Reservations department (benefits / team competition).
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Opera central systems knowledge
- Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative
- A minimum of 2 years experience in reservations
- A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property
- Experience with reporting and market performance reports
- Minimum of high school, Baccalaureat (Abitur), A-level exam
- Hotel Operations experience a plus
- Detail orientated and hands on
- Effective ability to supervise, motivate, train and develop team members
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to investigate systems malfunctions or user- input errors
- Ability to analyse data, make meaningful conclusions and base sound decisions and strategies on these
- Knowledge of industry-specific terminology such as ADR, RevPAR, on-the-books, etc.
- Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market
- environment. Be proactive and able to “think outside of the box”
- Ability to work under pressure
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions.
Guests can also enjoy a range of water sports, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, surfing yacht and fishing trips in the Arabian Gulf. Yoga, Pilates and ball games are also available as well as children’s activities and a teen’s club.
Last, but not least, the hotel also avails of first-class business and conferencing facilities, making it attractive not only to leisure travellers, but corporates and business travellers alike.
The Hotel is characterized by its grand design and regal interiors.
Inspired by 18th century continental Europe, renowned consultants Leo International designed the Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel’s interiors to reflect the majestic era of Louis XV with a contemporary twist that appeals to today’s discerning guests.
Crystal chandeliers, marble and gold and silver leaf plated wood combined with opulent drapery, elegant colour schemes and expansive spaces pay homage to palatial living.
The hotel’s classical design complements the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.