The overall scope of this role is to ensure that all hotel revenue has been fully and accurately accounted for and recorded in the corresponding systems.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for collecting all paperwork for all revenues and ensuring accuracy and compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all revenues have been captured, recorded, and posted accurately.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording all in-house charges and verifying compliance with the established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for checking all credits, voids, and complementary postings. Any discrepancies must be recorded and reported.
- Responsible for reviewing Travel Agent Commissions and checking for manual postings or edits.
- Responsible for balancing the income with the respective ledger balances (Guest Ledger, City Ledger, and Deposit Ledger).
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting any suspicious or incorrect postings.
- Responsible for performing spot checks daily and alternating between the areas checked.
- Responsible for verifying all payment methods are accurate and all data has been transferred and posted fully.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies in invoices or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 2-3 years relevant experience on the same position in a 5 star hotel environment
- All revenues for the day have been reviewed and checked for accuracy.
- Daily Revenue Report has been finalized and published.
- All paperwork has been reviewed, approved where appropriate and filled.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions.
Guests can also enjoy a range of water sports, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, surfing yacht and fishing trips in the Arabian Gulf. Yoga, Pilates and ball games are also available as well as children’s activities and a teen’s club.
Last, but not least, the hotel also avails of first-class business and conferencing facilities, making it attractive not only to leisure travellers, but corporates and business travellers alike.
The Hotel is characterized by its grand design and regal interiors.
Inspired by 18th century continental Europe, renowned consultants Leo International designed the Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel’s interiors to reflect the majestic era of Louis XV with a contemporary twist that appeals to today’s discerning guests.
Crystal chandeliers, marble and gold and silver leaf plated wood combined with opulent drapery, elegant colour schemes and expansive spaces pay homage to palatial living.
The hotel’s classical design complements the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.