IT Systems Supervisor
To handle the running of day to day challenges in the scope of IT in the Hotel as per set standards, policies and procedures.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Solve technical and operational challenges in the scope of IT reported by users.
- Assist users and guests when hardware or software problems arise quickly and efficiently
- Follow Kempinski code of practice as related to security and operation of computer systems with a thorough knowledge of standards of operating procedures.
- In cooperation with the IT Manager, suggests on the existing and future systems being developed or implemented.
- To assist the IT Manager in all stages of the day to day operation of the Hotel.
- To support computers in hardware and software malfunction in coordination with all the departments.
- To manage and prioritize any IT problems, impacting either revenue and/or the guest for quick resolution and pro-actively seek for preventative maintenance.
- Follow up on and maintain knowledge of new systems that can help in streamlining the processes in the hotel.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all software and information stored in the hotel systems
- Conduct Redundancy tests on Network, Analyse traffic and security observation software
- Apply practices to maximize server performance
- Carrying out regular network start up and close down processes and maintaining control data
- Maintaining and managing LAN/Wan.
- Maintain a regular preventive maintenance schedule
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call duties as required
- Maintain complete record of the systems related inventory.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- All IT Systems are running smoothly in the hotel and the IT function is acting in a proactive manner rather than reactive.
- IT is driving efficiencies in the use of applications enabling the other departments to successfully complete their tasks.
- All Corporate IT related policies and procedures have been implemented and a successful self audit has been carried out.
- All Kempinski standards related to guest facing technology are implemented to an acceptable level.
- The IT Manager is fully supported in his role.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions.
Guests can also enjoy a range of water sports, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, surfing yacht and fishing trips in the Arabian Gulf. Yoga, Pilates and ball games are also available as well as children’s activities and a teen’s club.
Last, but not least, the hotel also avails of first-class business and conferencing facilities, making it attractive not only to leisure travellers, but corporates and business travellers alike.
The Hotel is characterized by its grand design and regal interiors.
Inspired by 18th century continental Europe, renowned consultants Leo International designed the Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel’s interiors to reflect the majestic era of Louis XV with a contemporary twist that appeals to today’s discerning guests.
Crystal chandeliers, marble and gold and silver leaf plated wood combined with opulent drapery, elegant colour schemes and expansive spaces pay homage to palatial living.
The hotel’s classical design complements the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.