Responsible for achieving hotel targets by optimising revenues through an assigned account base, as well as prospecting new clients in assigned markets. Assigned markets may change according to hotel needs. The key measurement of performance will be performance versus the Revenue goals.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel’s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for key account management on an assigned account base or geographic area, ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Adhere to the Corporate SOP’s.
- Follow up of tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
- Detailed knowledge of competitor set.
- Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of hotel.
- Responsible for timely contracting from the client base responsible for.
- SMART contracting to ensure optimum yielding during annual rate negotiations.
- Attend trade shows, sales blitz, workshops, etc. in the assigned markets.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing in defining an annual sales action plan and execute set actions accordingly.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
- Execute sales actions within set cost budget structure.
- Document all sales actions in SFA (S&C).
- Update OPERA contact database at all times.
- Cross sell other Kempinski Hotels.
- Understand, and follow the Company Sales Vision.
- Participation in Duty Manager rota.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Two (2) years experience in a Sales position, preferably in a 4/5 star hotel.
- English – excellent oral and written skills / Additional language – beneficial
- Negotiation skills
- Selling skills
- Innovative ideas
- Knowledge of food production and service procedures
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
The hotel’s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions.
Guests can also enjoy a range of water sports, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, surfing yacht and fishing trips in the Arabian Gulf. Yoga, Pilates and ball games are also available as well as children’s activities and a teen’s club.
Last, but not least, the hotel also avails of first-class business and conferencing facilities, making it attractive not only to leisure travellers, but corporates and business travellers alike.
The Hotel is characterized by its grand design and regal interiors.
Inspired by 18th century continental Europe, renowned consultants Leo International designed the Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel’s interiors to reflect the majestic era of Louis XV with a contemporary twist that appeals to today’s discerning guests.
Crystal chandeliers, marble and gold and silver leaf plated wood combined with opulent drapery, elegant colour schemes and expansive spaces pay homage to palatial living.
The hotel’s classical design complements the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.