Perform a wide range of recurrent airport activities to ensure all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner whilst providing a high standard of customer service.
- Policies and procedures
Follow all relevant policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Follow the day-to-day operations related to own jobs to ensure continuity of work. Work is reviewed at several steps along the way for accuracy.
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Timely perform aircraft loading and unloading operations to ensure alignment with planned scheduling and compliance with regulations, safety procedures and working instructions
- Collect, track dispatch and load a wide range of goods into flights to ensure the correct delivery of items in line with efficiency standards and internal procedures
- Unload, verify and deliver a wide range of goods across airport terminals to ensure timely, efficient and accurate delivery and recording of items
- Perform a wide range of recurring activities by operating airport equipment to provide support to all operations
- Identify and highlight equipment defects to ensure timely and accurate maintenance in line with safety standards
- Perform extraordinary loading operations (e.g. Dangerous Goods loading), to ensure execution is done according to safety procedures and working instructions
- Complete and deliver a wide range of technical documentation (e.g. Load sheet, Loading Instruction Report, Vehicle Passengers List) to ensure compliance with regulations and policies
- Perform a wide range of pre-flight aircraft operations (e.g. de-icing )by leveraging on technical equipment to minimize delay risks and ensure flight safety
- Perform immediate turnaround activities (e.g. cargo offloading) to minimize delay and support achievement of efficiency targets
- Drive and operate technical equipment (e.g. baggage tractors, conveyor belts, etc) to ensure timely execution of operations incompliance with safety regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Regularly monitor equipment functioning to ensure defects are timely identified
- Dispatch baggage / cargo / mail correspondence to flights to ensure timely and proper delivery of items
- Support airport operations by maneuvering a wide range of equipment to provide full assistance in compliance with safety regulations
- Perform special transport operations (e.g. dangerous goods movements) to ensure compliance with safety and internal policies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School certification, UAE Driving license and relevant licenses specific to vehicles according to UAE regulations are required, ADP and ADAS Specific Equipment Licenses are preferred.
- English language is mandatory
- Minimum of 1 year experience in relevant field
- A valid DG CAT 6 certificate
- A valid AVI handling certificate
- English Language skills - Proficient
- Report Writing skills - Basic
- Reading skills - Proficient
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Job type
- United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible