Let your career take off with the World’s Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Crew Recourses function on a fix term Contract for 24 Months as Senior Manager Crew Program. You will add immediate value by plan and execute the end to end transition from the current Crew Planning System and Roster Optimization Service to the new Crew Planning system. Lead system implementation and business process change in collaboration with IT to ensure seamless delivery of new Crew Planning platform. Reporting to the Head of Crew Resources, this role is crucial to the successful delivery of the new multi-million dollar optimization software and ensures operational viability of Crew Rostering operations.
- Plan and construct the 12 month Agile project implementation framework to deliver Crew Rostering and Pairing optimization platform, including operational transition of business processes and end-to-end system functionality testing
- Design and manage implementation project governance and budget controls in line with scope and financial commitments; develop and approve a range of documentary deliverables as defined by the Etihad Project Delivery Framework
- Manage end to end stakeholder plans in conjunction with IT (internal), main vendors and system integration third parties (external) including all training and sandbox release testing activities
- Lead best practice workshops with stakeholders to define best possible crew optimization processes. Focus on maximum operational productivity, safety & regulatory compliance, crew lifestyle benefits & crew bidding methodology
- Defines and drives transformation KPI’s for business acceptance testing relating to cost drivers, process change and strategic alignment.
- Management of delivery timelines, project risks and provides all project reporting as necessary through Etihad Airways Group corporate governance
- Represents Etihad Airways interests and objectives at vendor meetings to ensure solution is fit for purpose and flexible to the changing business needs
- Responsible for the control and documentation of system specifications, configurations and change management processes for the new Crew Planning systems
- Leverages specialized knowledge for the development and translation of business rules and regulatory requirements as part of system requirements and process workflows
- Chairs all executive project committee meetings and joint steering groups
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree of Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Certified Agile Practitioner "Certified Scrum Master® from Scrum Alliance (USA)
- Certified PRINCE 2 ® Practitioner or;
- PMP Certification or other Project or Program Management Qualification
- 5 years+ leading dynamic, complex projects to Agile methodology within an airline environment
- 10 years+ airline operations experience- ideally within a Crew Scheduling or Planning Department
- 5 years+ IT Project Delivery experience, managing large scale business IT Projects or Programs
- Experienced with designing, planning and delivering complex business IT solutions that enable business change/transformation
- Experienced with complex, senior level stakeholder management and management/leadership of large teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience in managing budgets in excess of 20million USD
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Project/program management, methods & tools; relationship management; management of large teams; software development; vendor management; business change management and process improvement
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management practices,
- Highly competent in project risk and issues identification, mitigation (risks only) and management and reliable status reporting
- Excellent business English communication skills, verbal and written
- Strategic focus, influential characteristics and leadership skills
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Job type
- United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible