Etihad Airways a global award winning airline and the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates. Our goal is to be a truly 21st century global airline, challenging and changing the established conventions of airline hospitality with the help of EAP Shared Services, part of the wider Etihad Aviation Group # LI-DP
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join the Etihad Airways Partners Shared Services team in Serbia. As a Data Scientist you will be part of the Enterprise Analytics team, industry leaders in airline analytics and trusted partners in strategic decision-making.
- Design prototypes of automated decision-support tools, build business cases, and assists internal and external IT resources put these prototype tools into production.
- Mainly, this is a hands-on technical role. You will be required to explore data, conduct preliminary analysis, assess the potential commercial value, and build prototype solutions using advanced analytics techniques that can ultimately be put into production.
- This requires an in-depth knowledge and applied experience in data science algorithms but also some knowledge of parallelisation and distributed computing, particularly in reference to Spark and Hadoop technologies.
- The role will need to make decisions and trade-off between the accuracy of models, the speed at which they can be executed, and how they can be integrated in other applications.
- The role needs to deliver solutions that work at scale.
- The role will also require the critical analysis of existing processes where necessary so that automated decision support tools can be embedded in day-to-day operations.
- This requires a certain type of acumen, an eye for sub-optimal processes.
- Work with the Enterprise Analytics Team and business stakeholders to identify a “pipe-line” of opportunities where automated decision-support tools can deliver business value and prioritise them.
- With your fellow colleagues, explore data, conduct preliminary analysis, assess the potential commercial value, and develop prototype solutions to prove that a solution is viable and will deliver value including any changes to day-to-day operations.
- With your fellow colleagues, develop business cases for solutions.
- With your fellow colleagues, work with the designated Data Science project manager and in-house IT partners to put prototypes into production.
- With your team, measure the incremental benefits of the tools that you have developed.
- With your team, ensure that production tools are maintained and improved over time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree education in mathematics/statistics, science, engineering, or psychology is required, post-graduate qualification an advantage.
- Additional qualifications in analytical disciplines and techniques an advantage.
- At least 4 years of experience directly working with large, and complex datasets, interrogated with R/Python and SQL.
- Proven ability to build working prototypes of decision support tools (predictive models, prescriptive models, recommendation engines, simulators) that execute in production and deliver commercial value.
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
Domain knowledge of these airline functions is an advantage but not essential
- Airline planning (network, crew).
- Revenue (RM, sales, distribution).
- Operations (network operations, flight operations, crewing, airports).
- Cost and Investment (overheads, labour, fleet, aircraft).
- Transformation (business process redesign, cross-functional initiatives).
- Digital Guest and Customer (identification, tracking, product, guest experience).
- Extensive experience with at least two of SQL, R, and Python.
- Experience dealing with large and complex datasets including the development of business rules/data curation from scratch.
- Good understanding of databases, parallelisation and distributed computing, particularly in reference to Spark and Hadoop technologies.
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible