Etihad seeks to reflect the best of Arabian hospitality - cultured, considerate, warm and generous - as well as enhance the prestige of Abu Dhabi as a centre of hospitality between East and West. # LI-DP
Our goal is to be a truly 21st century, global airline, challenging and changing the established conventions of airline hospitality. Each year we receive a range of awards that reflect our position as one of the world’s leading premium airline brands, including ‘World’s Leading Airline’ at the World Travel Awards for five consecutive years.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Technical function at Engineer level. As Station Engineer in Sydney ( Australia ), you will add immediate value by performing, validating and certifying specialized aircraft maintenance for multiple aircraft types according to regulations and standards to ensure optimal performance and avoid impacts on operational schedule.
This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
- Perform technical maintenance on different types of aircraft according certifications/licence,to ensure timely defect detection and accurate repair in compliance with regulations and internal procedures.
- Review and verify tasks execution according to ensure maintenance is conducted in compliance with work instructions and regulations
- Control and certify own and others operations on the different types of aircraft to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and work instructions
- Assign tasks and coordinate technicians and engineers teams to ensure the smooth execution of maintenance operations in compliance with safety standards,regulations,internal policies and agreed schedule
- Review flight crew feedbacks on aircraft status to accurately verify, diagnose and address potential issues
- Liaise with Operations departments to timely and effectively manage emergencies in case of aircrafts not ready for service
- Track and report risks identified during maintenance operations to reduce recurring accidents by detecting issues root causes
- Monitor and guide maintenance activities to ensure that maximum attention is given to Corporate Safety and Quality, aviation regulations and On Time Performance/performance monitoring programs
- Provide clear, effective and technically feasible solutions to ensure defects are timely addressed according to KPIs/SLAs and according to regulations
- Policies and Procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Implement the day-to-day standard operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. Refer to supervisor for complex tasks which may require exceptions to procedures
- People Development
Supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures
- Safety, Quality &Environment
Comply with all relevant safety,security,quality,health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Valid AMEL B1 (+B2) (ICAO II, CASA, UAE GCAA/EASA Part 66) with a least 1 aircraft type rating on Etihad Airways Fleet
- A minimum of 7 years airline industry experience in aircraft maintenance and certification, if which 2 years should be in a Line Maintenance environment.
About Etihad Aviation Group
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Aviation Group is a diversified global aviation and travel group with a business model driven by partnership and an innovative approach to growth. Etihad Aviation Group comprises five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates; Etihad Airways Engineering; Etihad Airport Services; Hala Group; and Airline Equity Partners. etihad.com.
About Etihad Airways
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to 100 international passenger and cargo destinations with its fleet of 115 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, was established by Royal (Emiri) Decree in July 2003, and in 2017 carried 18.6 million passengers. etihad.com, follow @EtihadAirways on Twitter and join Etihad Airways on Facebook.
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible