A key role in our Commercial division has arisen to join the Enterprise Analytics team as a Senior Analytics Specialist. In this role, you are responsible to help answer the highest value analytical questions posed by departments across Etihad Airways to the Enterprise Analytics Team Reporting to one of the Analytics Managers and working under the guidance of the Business Engagement Partners. You should leverage your advanced analytical skills and the wider analytical toolkit, to analyse and visualize Etihad’s enterprise data resources.
- Working with the Manager Analytics and/or Business Engagement Partner to analyze requirements and identify or design the solution to a problem
- Execute complex, ad-hoc analyses utilizing Etihad’s wider analytical toolkit proactively looking for further insights and root cause
- Summarize / visualize results and highlight likely insights for the business translator to develop
- Maintain documentation repository of solutions, to include methodology
- Identify opportunities for automation and improvements to approach in each analysis performed, make recommendations to wider team as to priorities for further development
- Develop and maintain proficiency with advanced analytic and database tools, in-house data sets, and other resources.
- Will be encouraged to develop one or more specializations in Etihad’s key analytical disciplines (see required skills) and become the ‘go-to’ person among peers in that field. Act as an expert and coach to wider analytics team.
- Assist in development and training of Analytics Analysts level 1 personnel to further their understanding of the toolkit, Etihad’s enterprise data resources and analytical / problem solving techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma required (2 years or more) and additional qualifications in analytical disciplines and techniques an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical experience in a commercial environment
- Strong track record of analyzing and recommending business solutions using the data.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office and query tools including SQL, SPSS, SAS, Business Objects, Power BI, and Cloudera.
- Should demonstrate competency in at least 1 or more of the following analytical disciplines and techniques: Segmentation, Regression analysis, Machine learning, Clustering, Forecasting, Trend analysis, Demand prediction, Planning, budgeting, Optimisation, Monte Carlo analysis, Probability, risk assessment, Web analytics, Survey and questionnaire design, Qualitative analysis, Operational Research, Business Process (re) engineering
TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
You should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, to effectively work across a multi-disciplined environment.
You will be encouraged to develop your skills and techniques for the analysis of data and problem solving, to stay up-to-date with industry leading BI capabilities.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.
- Job type
- United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract